Internet Ministry: How Should I Add A Blog To My Church Website?

The more you understand about any subject, the more interesting it becomes. As you read this article you'll find that the subject of Ministry Business is certainly no exception.

The more authentic information about Ministry Business you know, the more likely people are to consider you a Ministry Business expert. Read on for even more Ministry Business facts that you can share.

Bishop Brown, Our church has a Content Management System based website. My question is "What Is The Best Option For Adding A Pastors Blog?

I have several Joomla websites (for business and for ministry) and I would like to add a blog to better communicate with my church family, as well as, the broader community I would find online.

I am wondering if it is better to add a blog into the website itself through a Joomla blog extension or set up a WordPress blog and link it to the site (I can do all that myself). Another option I am considering, if it would work better, is to set up a blog on one of the more popular blogging platforms online and just link to it.

By better I mean as far as SEO (Search Engine Optimization) goes.

What do you advise?

Pastor J ~ Chicago

Hi Pastor J and thanks for the question.

I believe there is only 1 great solution for your question. However before I give my solution a bit of background.

I too have used Joomla extensively for church and business websites. I have also created and used blogs with several of the Joomla extensions. For research I have also created and maintained blogs on Blogger and WordPress.com

Moreover, my personal and ministry blogs are run on self-hosted WordPress sites. With links to my more than 10,000+ Twitter followers and my several thousand Facebook friends and fans.

In my opinion nothing, I mean nothing, beats the search engine juice that a well constructed and keyword rich WordPress blog can deliver. My practical experience is buttressed by case study after case study.

So my answer is create a self hosted WordPress blog and incorporate it into your other sites. This is the same advice I have given to other pastors who want to add a pastor's blog to the existing church sites, it works and I believe you will reap major benefits.

Don't limit yourself by refusing to learn the details about Ministry Business. The more you know, the easier it will be to focus on what's important.